The Blue Ocean Leadership workshop provides a clear framework and tools for participants to apply Blue Ocean Leadership in their organisations to motivate employees, execute seamlessly and implement change fast and at low cost.
Training duration: 1 or 2 days
Target group: senior and middle management
The executive attendees will gain the knowledge and insights to answer the questions below:
- What is distinctive about blue ocean strategy as a theory?
- How is blue ocean strategy different from a classic differentiation strategy?
- Is it another form of low-cost strategy?
- How is Blue Ocean Leadership different from conventional leadership?
- Can blue ocean leadership be applied to small organizations?
- Does the blue ocean leadership process require a deep belief and buy in to be successful?
- How do you evaluate blue ocean leadership performance?
- How do you establish the links between a certain activity and high value?
- What metrics and efforts are used to sustain blue ocean leadership?
- How much energy and talent is your organizations are leaving on the table?
- Has blue ocean leadership been tested in any organization?
Benefits for individuals:
- Gain skills about the strategic logic, concepts and key principles of blue ocean strategy and Blue Ocean Leadership
- Dive deep into BOS and BOS analytics and tools
- Examine the systematic process of creating blue oceans
- Explore how to build execution into blue ocean strategy
- Get their questions and worries personally answered by a team of blue ocean strategy practitioners
Who Should Attend:
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Director General
- CEOs, COOs and CFOs
- Advisors to the Board
- Strategic Planning & Business Innovation Team
- Senior Executive Officers involved in decision making
- Supervisors and managers of departments
Benefits for Organizations
The seminar will enable Board of Directors, CEOs and those in-charge of strategy execution to:
- Examine various strategic options in developing new and innovative ideas, products and opportunities
- Challenge Board of Directors and CEOs on strategy innovative transformation effort – the ‘how-to’ plan, execute and sustain successful business transformation
- Build, strengthen and explore strategic steps required to grow business, considering profitability, attainability and sustainability
- Develop strategic options that build, drive and sustain Change that Challenges Industry boundaries towards the Blue Ocean Shift.
Blue Ocean Leadership Workshop format
Interactive workshop covering:
- Presentation of the Blue Ocean Strategy and Blue Ocean Leadership concepts and principles, supported by case studies
- Interactive sessions of questions and answers
- Introduction to the BOS and BOS process and tools: the Strategy Canvas, The Buyer Utility Cycle / Buyer Utility Map, Six Paths Framework and ERRC Grid
- Group exercises working on the BOS and BOL tools applied to issues relevant to the participants organization
- Presentations in plenary with debrief on the process and feedback on content
- Module 1: From Blue Ocean strategy to Blue Ocean Leadership
- Module2: The Four pillars of Blue Ocean leadership
- Module 3: How to see your Leadership Reality
- Module 4: Developing Alternative Leadership Profiles and Select to-be Leadership Profiles
- Module 5: Institutionalize new Leadership practice
Download the Training brochure: Blue Ocean Leadership workshop
View all proposed workshops:
- Blue Ocean Strategy workshop
- > Blue Ocean Leadership workshop
- Creativity and Innovation workshop
- Change Management workshop
- Tipping Point Leadership workshop